Third Assessment Report of Climate Change and Cities (ARC3.3)
Call for Author Nominations
The Urban Climate Change and Research Network (UCCRN), is calling for nominations of authors for the Third Assessment Report of Climate Change and Cities (ARC3.3). Both nominations and self-nominations are accepted.
To submit a nomination, please fill out all of the required information in the ARC3.3 Author Nomination form. The required information includes the nominee’s full name, institution or affiliation, email address, location, expertise, and top three Element preferences. Author nominations are requested by Wednesday 15 July 2020 (midnight EDT).
ARC3.3 will be published as 12 Special Reports, 6 of which will be finalized in 2021 and 6 in 2022, on critical topics and key research gaps, by Cambridge University Press in their new Elements series. ARC3.3 will include 12 author teams, one for each special report topic.
- Nature-based Solutions in Urban Areas
- Enhancing Capacity to Respond to Shocks and Stresses
- Urban Climate Science
- Informality*, Equity, and Development
- Governance*, Enabling Policy Environments, and Just Transitions
- Data and the Role of Technology
- Financing Climate Action*
- Circular Economies for Cities*
- Urban Planning and Design*
- Interdependent Infrastructure Systems* Part 1: Energy, Transport, and Buildings and Part 2: Water and Waste
- Perception, Communication, and Behavior
- Covid-19, Cities, and Climate Change
*= Research Topic in the Cities Research and Action Agenda
Other topics that may also be included, e.g., urban indigenous experience, use of mediation and conflict resolution, and just transitions.
Following the Author Nomination deadline, the UCCRN New York Secretariat and the ARC3.3 Editorial Board, comprised of the UCCRN Hub Directors, will select the ARC3.3 Elements author teams using the Author Nomination form’s database. In the author teams, we are seeking gender and geographical balance as well as balance between those experienced with working on UCCRN ARC3 Series Reports and those new to the process.